Tigo Energy – Panel Optimisation
The Tigo energy range of products are a revolutionary solution for harvesting the maximum power available from your PV array. The Tigo Solution extracts energy from each module, virtually eliminating the negative effect of weaker modules on the rest of the PV array. However, Tigo does so with unprecedented efficiency and accuracy, with very few incremental electronic components for maximum reliability and minimum cost.
The Tigo module can entirely eliminate hotspots, the main source of module failure, it corrects differences in module power such as: binning mismatch, shading mismatch, soiling mismatch and aging mismatch. This allows the system output to be increased by up to 20%.
Every Tigo module is independently monitored. This means that your system will alert you in real-time if it needs your attention. This powerful monitoring platform streamlines your operations and maintenance and your operational efficiency, helping you to reduce your soft costs of truck rolls, design, maintenance etc.
The PV safety function de-energizes the system for emergency and /or maintenance situations. This allows you to go up on the roof without exposure to high voltage and it enables emergency personnel to access your roof without any risks. This feature is compliant with new Rapid Shutdown requirements.
The Tigo module is already integrated into the JinkoSmart Module, however for non Jinko installations or retrofitting into existing PV systems, the Tigo module can be purchased as a separate component.
- Efficiency gains of up to 20% from your PV Modules
- Module level disconnects allow instant shutdown while the monitoring function provides real-time data for additional safety precautions
- Monitoring allows operation and maintenance to be done efficiently by focusing on real-time data
- Allows systems to be installed tighter and in systems with uneven string lengths
- Module level mismatch is eliminated through impedance matching capability
- Tigo Energy® Smart-CurveTM allows systems to be designed more efficiently reducing BOS costs and allowing 30% longer strings
- Fully integrated design allows use of any inverter
- Split Strings Across Multiple Orientations
- Design with Uneven Module Strings in Parallel
- Manual disconnect for maintenance
- Over-voltage & over-current deactivation
- Module-level monitoring for unprecedented accuracy and insight into PV systems
- Software detects problems immediately and sends email and SMS messages
- Data can be downloaded and stored by day, week, month or year
- Cloud based platform provides system data like voltage, current and power to be easily accessible from anywhere
- On-grid residential roof-tops
- On-grid commercial/industrial roof-tops
- Solar utility power plants
- Off-grid systems
To view case studies, click here
- Tigo Energy Gateway Module
- Tigo Energy Maximiser Management Unit
- Tigo Energy Dual Maximiser
- Tigo Energy Junction Box
- Tigo Energy Premium Monitoring